Mason's Ridge, a former Masonic Lodge located in Clintonville, Wisconsin, has a history dating back to 1874. It was on June 9 of that year that a charter was granted to establish Clintonville's Masonic Lodge #197.
In that same year, U.P. Clinton, founder of the City of Clintonville, was one of three area residents to petition the lodge for membership. Clinton served as the Lodge Master in 1888 and over the next 100 years the lodge had a total of 73 Lodge Masters.
Lodge #197 was rebuilt in 1921 at a cost of $40,000 with much of the labor, material and land being donated. Years later, the Mason's offered the basement and first floor of the lodge to the expanding Clintonville Public School system for classroom space, asking only that the school pay the utilities. Rooms were also offered to the local Red Cross Chapter, Waupaca County, and the Senior Citizens of Clintonville.
Over the course of their history, the Mason's of Lodge #197 gave generously to the community, including scholarships to Clintonville and Marion Schools, gifts of eleven defibrillators distributed throughout the community and generous financial assistance to many area organizations and groups including the Waupaca County K9 Unit; the Veteran's Memorial; Children's Christian Services; the Clintonville and Marion Public Library systems; the Historical Society of Clintonville and the Clintonville Main Street Memorial.
The Lodge was purchased in 2005 and was painstakingly renovated with the intent of becoming the area's premier banquet and meeting space. Renovations reflect the stately character of the original space and maintain the historical significance and authenticity of this important landmark.